12 Aralık 2012 Çarşamba

Down Syndrome Clinic

To contact us Click HERE
Noah recently had his appointment at the Pittsburgh Down Syndrome Clinic.  I really like the doctor there.  The past appointments there have been very overwhelming because I have felt like I wasn't doing enough for Noah from the questions they were asking.  For example, last time I went they asked if we had a Developmental Therapist for Noah.  I just stared blankly.  Uhhh...what's that?!  And they told me Noah should have one.  So guess what; I got one.  Honestly, I'm not sure what the Developmental therapist does that's really different from the Occupational therapist AND Speech therapist.  I get it, it's a social thing.  Can he look in the mirror; imitate something I do, etc etc.  The other two therapist check the same things.

But I digress.  Anyways, this appointment was good.  Noah is doing great and well...luckily Noah got cranky and started crying at the end so instead of sitting around asking us a bunch of questions like that, they let us go pretty fast.

The doctor was concerned that Noah weighed the same this visit as he did six months ago so he wants us to add supplements to his milk.  He suggested carnation breakfast mix drink stuff that we can mix in with his milk for extra calories.  You know what?  Noah is no skinny mini, so I will pass on that.  He is healthy; isn't chunky, isn't skinny, he's perfect.  I do not want to start added calories to a child that could possibly have a problem with weight gain in the future.

Noah does have problems with constipation so he suggested putting miralax in his bottle.  Our family doctor is also concerned with this as it is not good for babies to be constipated, which apparently can affect them when they are older as well if not corrected earlier.

Then came the point of the visit I always dread, the blood work.  It is always awful.  They poke around in his arm, can't find his vien then end up taking as much as they can out of his finger.  Poor Noah is hyperventilating  screaming and I'm ticked.  Well, this time, ONE poke and got it!  They got all 5 vials filled and Noah was a brave boy!

So we'll see ya in another 6 months clinic!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder