5 Ekim 2012 Cuma

Writing a Blog to Change Your Life

To contact us Click HERE

With my little one
Entering the tunnelI launched SuccesDiaries in order to keep myself going during tough times that included arecession, unemployment, divorce and eventually, bankruptcy. If my entrieshelped others who may be facing similar issues, so much the better.
I started blogging a few times a week, while I strived to findwriting gigs and resolved financial and personal challenges. I started thisblog in English and then decided to write it in Spanish too, as Diario del Éxito, which is now also at Diario del Éxito at Hola.com, whichhas helped me reach more readers.
Always lookingforwardAn Internet entrepreneur noticed what I was doing and hiredme to write paid blog posts, and that’s how I started to learn SEO (searchengine optimization). Shortly after, another company hired me to write SEOcontent for websites, which taught me even more about writing for the Internet. I had to reduce my SuccessDiaries postings to two a week, as I again got more paid work.


When I applied to be a writer and editor for Consejos de mamá (Mom Recommends) atAbout.com of the NY Times Co, I was alreadyfluent in SEO and writing for the web, but the application process taught meeven more. When I was chosen to manage that website, I understood it was awonderful chance to keep on learning on the job - HTML, SEO, key words, linkingand social media presence - while writing about something I’m passionate about:motherhood.
A recent girls-only vacation
In the meantime, I wrote a book based on this blog, whichwill be released in February of 2012, by ediciones Obelisco. I am also aweekly contributor for Mamiverse,the online hub for Latina moms, in English, and will soon be up and running asa collaborator for a new platform for Latinos: VOXXI. Another project will soon belaunched with two other wonderful writers I’ve met on the way to follow mydreams, and there are more in the works.
The light at the endof the tunnel
In short, something I started just to keep my spirits up – this blog – helpedme create a platform on the Internet and a following that has resulted in myprofessional reinvention and success. I was able to adapt to the Internet inorder to, once again, make a living doing what I love: writing.


The global crisis is still there. Many are still unemployedand confused, as I was. I look back and I recall how difficult it is to get outof bed in the morning when you´ve lost it all.
If that is you now, don´t despair. Focus daily on somethingthat lifts your spirits and do it consistently, while you look for a way toovercome your struggles. Life goes on whether you fight for your dreams or not,and I hope that one day you will look back as I do now and think: “I don´t knowhow I did it, but it was well worth the fight.”
Now I only write weekly entries in Success Diaries, because I am so busywith my work, but I won´t stop posting, because I know from my stats that thereare people who still find inspiration here, even if only to take one more steptowards their goals.
The engine of my life

Thank you for following me on this crazy rollercoastercalled life!
Some of my articleson Mamiverse.com that may inspire
FromMiddle Class to Foodstamps: A Latina Mom´s Tale. Please read and share.There may be other women out there who don´t look like they need the help. But,you´d be surprised at how many are still struggling.
ALatina´s Journey to Bulimia and Back. This was the subject of my firstbook, published in 1993 and still in print. I hope it helps other sufferers andtheir families.
Aftera Lifetime of Searching, I Found My Tribe. On growing up bicultural andbilingual. I am proud of my mixed roots and strive to instill this pride in mykids.
AChild´s Mantra. The lessons I learn from my kids.
If youenjoy this blog follow me on Facebook or Twitter. Read my articleson Mamiverse.Diario del Éxito (Success Diaries) will bepublished in book form in February 2012 by ediciones Obelisco.To read about my books: www.lorrainecladish.com

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder