1 Ocak 2013 Salı

Did Noah Just Sign?!

To contact us Click HERE
During Noah's meal times I always sign "more" a few times and sometimes after he eats the food I will clap and say "Yeah!  Noah wanted more!" It's funny, I was just talking with some new friends the other day, over dinner, how I sign to Noah but I don't know if he really gets it or understands.  Then yesterday, while Noah was in his chair to eat he used his index finger on one hand and pointed to his palm in the other, repeatedly.  I have seen other kids sign "more" this way, but I've never shown Noah that way.  I really didn't think much of it at the time.  I figured he was just playing with his hands and clapping.

Then tonight at dinner, Noah ate both his baby foods and I was walking around the kitchen looking for some "real food" to give him.  He started getting very vocal and I told him "Hold on Noah, I'm looking for food" and I looked over and I swear he was signing "more" again with his index finger pointing to his other palm.  (I also swear he said "more" but I'll let that go for now)

So I immediately run over and was clapping/signing and going "Yeah!  Noah said "more"!"  "Do you want more?"  Of course, he wouldn't repeat that motion.  Did he sign?  I'm not sure but I am going to hope he really did and is starting to communicate with us more expressively.  I tried to get some pictures of the action but he wasn't too willing to participate!  He wanted his mac n' cheese and boiled potatoes.

It looked a lot better than this but I couldn't get the picture


Also I want to point out that Noah ate ALL his mac n' cheese and check out his bib; spotless!  He would even bring the food back into his mouth with his tongue if it accidentally came out!  I've learned that the food has to be on his back molar in order for him to really chew on it though, otherwise he pushes it around and it comes out.  Good job little man!  So proud of you!

Check out that clean bib!  Ate ALL his food!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder