20 Kasım 2012 Salı

Not Moving On Up

To contact us Click HERE
I was talking to one of Noah's teachers yesterday who told me a few of the infants in his room were ready to move up to the next room but due to ratios they may not move up until January.  She told me that typically they move to the new room around 13 months old.  Noah is 20 months old.  This saddened me.

I remember talking to his teacher about this at another time and for the next room they want the child to be walking and self-feeding.  Noah may be close to walking, but I honestly do not think he's close to self-feeding.

Not that Noah really understands "friends" yet, but I feel Noah has friends in his class and they are going to be leaving him, again.  I have watched many groups of children come and go in Noah's classroom.  I see them come in as babies and now run around with the rest of the toddlers in the other classes.  And Noah is still in the infant room.  Is Noah always going to lose his friends?

I'm guessing he's going to be the biggest kid in each classroom for a while because he has to stay until he can do whatever to move up.  At what point will that change?  If it even does.

I don't really think about it too much but sometimes when I see one of the toddlers that used to be in the infant room with Noah, I feel bad that Noah doesn't grow as fast developmentally to be able to stay with his friends and grow with them.

John says he will make new friends at each change.  Which is true.  And all the kids in his daycare know him and think he's the cutest.  I hope it stays that way.  School. Kids.  At some point the kids are going to realize that Noah is staying behind as well, so when does the name-calling, being-mean start?  It all starts to snow ball in my mind from being sad Noah is loosing his friends to getting older and being made fun of.

I guess I need to not focus on that but all the accomplishments Noah has recently done such as eating "people" food, walking with a walker and hands and knee crawling!  He hit one of those spurts where everything just came together and it's awesome to watch!  I'm sure I will be a little sad when the next group of kids moves on but hopefully Noah will enjoy a new set of friends just as much!


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder